Tue, Apr 14|
Staying Connected in Conflict
Free and Online!
Time & Location
Apr 14, 2020, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM PDT
About the event
Brains are designed to thrive in relationships, and big growth happens through conflict. Holding reflective space with children when in conflict protects you from power struggles and turns you into an ally for joint problem-solving, even in the most charged of circumstances.
In addition to learning about and practicing this tool, we will look at how it
- Promotes equity between adults and the children they work with (Teacher version)
- Helps children heal from developmental stress;
- Builds children's abilities to self-calm and reflect under pressure;
- Increases children’s academic learning capacity
- Empowers children to resolve their own conflicts equitably, both with you and with others.